Who are the intended participants?
- All who want to learn how to present to non-financial colleagues effectively
Communication theory (verbal vs. nonverbal)
- Verbal and paralinguistic communication and how to use it.
- Nonverbal communication, or learning about yourself (What am I good at and what can I build on? What am I not good at and how can I avoid it?).
Appropriate presentation structure
- Introduction of basic structures, how to structure a good presentation.
- Working with props and the environment in your presentation.
- How to spice up your presentation (mnemonics, icebreakers, personal anecdotes, etc.).
Working with arguments
- How to structure and communicate your key message.
- What is and what is not an argument, or watching out for impressions and opinions.
- How to deal with counterarguments.
Within the course, you will:
- Get to practice and improve your presentation skills
- Learn basic presentation rules, including information on how the brain works and how to use it in this skill
- Develop your particular strengths in presentation skills